Warning: most of this is utter nonsense and for laughs only. However there might be a nugget or three of wisdom buried inside the nonsense. I will not be pointing them out.
- Stand on your head and draw the view. This will teach you perspective.
- Make a sculpture using only your feet to mold the clay. After that, nothing you create will look horrible to you.
- Dance and draw at the same time. Its great exercise, and a fun challenge for your coordination.
- Draw a picture of your boss thats insulting. You’ll get fired and then you’ll have to learn to paint just to support yourself.
- Give up. No really. If you don’t like a picture, collage or gesso over it and make something new.
Do you have a bit of funny or unconventional advice on being an artist? Share it in the comments!